Gekko GX1 FAQs
Thank you for choosing GEKKO – GX1: Hybrid Activity Watch!
To get a comprehensive understanding on how to use this device and get answers to any questions on its features and operations, please read this FAQ section.
1. What is my GX1 compatible with?
- The GX1 supports smartphones with Bluetooth 4.0 and with mobile operating system versions of Android 4.3 or iOS 7.0 and above.
2. What are my first Three steps after I unbox my GX1?
- Once unboxed, please take the following three steps;
- Become familiar with the functional buttons of the GX1 smartwatch
- Download the “FundoBracelet” app on your smartphone, so you may pair the watchwithyour smartphone. The app is available on both, the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Switch ON the Bluetooth of your GX1 Smartwatch to pair your phone / App with the watch.
Please note below functional buttons of the GX1:
3. How do I switch on/off my GX1?
- To power on/off your device, please press button B and C (MODE+START) together for 3 seconds.
4. How do I switch on Bluetooth on the GX1?
- To switch on the Bluetooth of the GX1, long press button A (LIGHT) for 3 seconds, the Bluetooth connection icon blinks, this indicates that the watch's Bluetooth is turned on and is ready to pair.
5. How do I create a FundoBracelet Account?
- On the “Me” interface of the app, click “Login” through “Visitors login” or third-party accounts such as Facebook or click “Register” to login with your email account.
6. I cannot login to FundoBracelet, what should I do?
- If logging in to FundoBracelet fails, try different ways of logging in, such as Facebook or via an email account. At the same time please check for network connection anomalies.
7. How do I edit my profile information on FundoBracelet?
- On the “Me” interface of the app, please click on the edit icon, on the top right corner of the app. From here you can edit personal information such as gender, height, weight and birthday. You can also switch measurement units of the app from Imperial to Metric.
8. How do I pair the GX1 to my smartphone?
- After switching on the Bluetooth on your GX1 and smartphone, open the FundoBracelet app on your smartphone.
After logging into the app, please go to “Me”, click on “Bluetooth Connection”, click “SEARCHING” → select “F2” to pair the watch to your smartphone.
Once the connection is successful, you can sync the date and time of the smartphone with the watch, and sync the watch fitness and sleep data into FundoBracelet on your smartphone.
9. How do I un-pair my GX1 from my smartphone?
- To un-pair the watch on smartphones with iOS 9 or above, click “Unbind Device” under the “Me” section on FundoBracelet, a notification will come up, click “Settings” to un-pair the watch through the Bluetooth setting of your smartphone.
To un-pair the watch on smartphones with Android 4.3 or above, click “Unbind Device” under the “Me” section on FundoBracelet. Confirm the un-pairing by selecting “OK” on the prompt window.
10. My watch is not getting paired with my smartphone. What should I do?
- Please make sure the Bluetooth of your smartphone and the watch is turned on. If the Bluetooth connection icon blinks, the watch's Bluetooth is turned on and is ready. If the icon is always on, Bluetooth connection is stable. If there is no Bluetooth icon, Bluetooth is turned off.
When searching via Bluetooth, please make sure the watch has not been paired with another account.
When searching via Bluetooth, please make sure the watch and the smartphone are nearby.
11. How do I know if the GX1 is connected/disconnected to my smartphone?
- If the Bluetooth icon on the watch is always on, that indicates the Bluetooth connection is stable. If the Bluetooth connection between the smartphone and the watch disconnects, the Bluetooth icon on the watch will flash. If it fails to connect again in 30 minutes, the watch's Bluetooth will be turned off automatically. To switch Bluetooth on again, press and hold button A for 3 seconds.
12. How do I ensure my GX1 does not disconnect from my smartphone?
- To prevent disconnection between the watch and phone frequently, please do not close the app from the background. Furthermore, please ‘lock’ the FundoBracelet app to your background running apps (for Android users only). To make sure the app is ‘locked’, please look for a lock icon above the app.
13. How do I update the GX1’s watch version?
- The watch and “FundoBracelet” App should have a stable Bluetooth connection. On the app, click “Firmware Upgrade” in the “Me” interface, thereafter you can update the software of the watch.
14. How do I enable incoming message notification alerts on my GX1?
- Connect the watch and the smartphone via Bluetooth and enable message notification in the “Settings” section of the App. When the smartphone receives an incoming message, the notification will be pushed to the watch, with a beep sound and a blinking icon.
If the watch is not receiving a message notification, please make sure the app is logged in and the message notification function is turned on in the app.
15. How do I enable incoming call notification alerts on my GX1?
- Connect the watch and the smartphone via Bluetooth and enable call notification in the “More” section of the App. When the smartphone receives an incoming call, the notification will be pushed to the watch, with a beep sound and a blinking icon.
If the watch is not receiving an incoming call notification, please make sure the app is logged in and the incoming call notification function is turned on in the app.
16. How do I pause my notification alerts on the GX1?
- On the FundoBracelet app, under the “Settings” section, please enable “Do Not Disturb Mode” and set the time intervals between which you DO NOT wish to receive notification alerts.
17. How do I enable the remote control to my smartphones camera on my GX1?
- Ensure the watch and the smartphone are connected via Bluetooth, on FundoBracelet, open the smartphone camera through the “Settings” section in the app. Press buttons B & C (MODE+START) together briefly for remote control photo-taking. Images shot will be found on your phone gallery.
18. How do I perform a factory reset on my GX1?
- To perform a factory reset of your GX1, please press and hold buttons B (MODE) and C (START) for 3 seconds. After which you will hear a beep sound, you will notice the following: time will be reset to 6 pm, date will be reset to December 15 and the day will be reset to Thursday. This implies the watch has been reset to factory settings.
19. How do I manually set the time on my GX1?
- On the GX1, under time display mode, press and hold button D (RESET) for 3 seconds to enter time setting mode, then press button A and C (LIGHT+START) to adjust time. Short press on button D (RESET) to confirm, thereafter short press button B (MODE) to save the setting and exit.
20. How do I manually set the date on my GX1?
- On your GX1, under the date display mode, long press and hold button D (RESET) for 3 seconds to enter date setting, and short press button A and C (LIGHT+START) to adjust digits. Short press A (LIGHT) to subtract “1”, short press C (START) to plus “1”, Short press button D (RESET) to switch and press button B (MODE) to exit date setting.
21. How do I switch on the GX1’s display backlight?
- On your GX1, press button A (LIGHT) under any mode to light up the display’s backlight for 3 seconds (frequent use of backlight, will consume battery power and may reduce its life to below the desired one year).
22. Which display modes are present on my GX1 and how do I toggle between them?
- On your GX1, press button B (MODE) to switch between display modes.
The sequence of the modes is as follows:
- Date Display Mode
- Pedometer/Steps Display Mode
- Calorie Consumption Display Mode
- Distance Display Mode
- Alarm Display Mode
- Stopwatch Display Mode
- Temperature Display Mode
- Barometric Pressure Display Mode (Under this mode press button C to switch to Altitude Display Mode)
- Ultraviolet Index Display Mode.
23. How do I set an alarm via the Alarm Display Mode on my GX1?
- On your GX1, under alarm display mode, long press button D (RESET) for 3 seconds to set an alarm, then press button A and C (LIGHT+START) to ON/OFF, beep for turning on; press button D (RESET) to switch and button B (MODE) to save the alarm set. When the alarm time set is on, the blinking alarm icon and beep sound will remind the user. Press any button to stop alarm.
24. How do I operate the stopwatch on my GX1?
- On your GX1, enter stopwatch mode, press button C (START) to start or pause the stopwatch.
Short press button D (RESET) to reset the data, when the stopwatch is paused.
25. How do I switch between KM and Miles under Distance Display Mode on my GX1?
- Under distance display mode on your GX1, press button C (START) to switch between KM and Miles.
26. How do I change the battery on my GX1?
- When the low battery sign shows on the GX1, we suggest changing the battery within 15 days. Please replace it with a CR2450 (3v) coin cell battery. To replace it, unscrew the four screws at the back of the watch using a screwdriver, remove the old battery and install the new battery. Note the polarity of the battery and lock the screws.
27. My fitness and sleep data from the GX1 are not synchronising with FundoBracelet. What should I do?
- If exercise and sleep data are not synchronising with FundoBracelet, please ensure Bluetooth is switched on both devices. Thereafter, please disconnect the Bluetooth connection and re-connect through the app.
28. Weather data is not displaying on the FundoBracelet app and/or watch. What should I do?
- Please ensure your phone is connected to a stable internet source (Wifi/Mobile Data) and there is a stable Bluetooth connection between the watch and phone. Thereafter, refresh the FundoBracelet app by pulling down on the home screen and check your GX1.
29. What is the water-resistance of my GX1?
- The GX1 is IP68 certified. This means it is splash-proof and can survive underwater for 30 minutes, in a depth of up to 1.5 metres.
30. What is the warranty policy on the GX1?
- If it appears that the quality problem is caused by manufacturing, materials and design defect within one year (from the date of purchase), we will offer free warranty support subject to the condition, that it was being used normally and correctly.
- In case the fault is caused due to misuse or any of the following reasons, free warranty support will not be provided:
- Disassembly or refitting of the product.
- External damage caused due to device drop.
- All artificial damages or misuse (such as, but not limited to; water in the device housing, external force shatter, scratches, damage of peripheral components, etc.), all these are beyond the scope of the free warranty.
- When seeking free warranty support, you must provide the original purchase invoice, which must contain the following details:
- Date of Purchase
- Watch IMEI Code
- Store Name with GSTIN Number clearly visible
- Purchase Price
- If you encounter any problems during use, please contact the store from which you purchased the watch or the below Customer Service contacts:
Phone: +91 2241200989 / +91 2241200990
Email: [email protected]